We strive for a sustainable environment with great music and atmosphere, but we can’t do it alone. Here are some ways we’ve started to become more sustainable:
- Green Vendor Program
- Vendors in this program:
- Use local, organic, fair trade products
- Use greener food and beverage containers
- Green Team
- Members will constantly beautify the park, making sure no harm is done
- Will be demonstrating admirable recycling and trash habits along with educating festivalgoers about sustainability
- Will keep the area litter-free
- Roots N Blues N BBQ will be running on an EverGreen, an eco-friendly power generator
Here are some ways you can help!
- Leave the car at home!
- Bigger and better Bike Corrals will be by the entrance to leave your bike for the day and receive some free giveaways
- Safety is always first so don’t forget your helmet and a free headlight from Get About!
- Bring refillable water bottles
- FREE Water Filling Stations will be indicated on a map and by many signs
- Keep your Reusable Bar Cups
- It saves plastic and you’ll get to use an express bar line
- Throw #1-7 plastics, steel, aluminum, glass, office paper, corrugated cardboard, boxboard, newspapers and brown paper bags in the decorated recycling containers not trashcans (or reuse them)!
- There will be designated smoking gardens
- There will be rides for VIP to the smoking garden – VIP is non-smoking
- Please don’t litter – toss cigarette butts in an ashtray or trashcan, not on the ground!
- Just remember: not everyone likes smoke (even some of the artists)