-Lucy Shanker, Roots N Blues Intern
We get it. It might seem a little crazy that Roots N Blues is going completely cashless this year. Here’s the thing: there are virtually no downsides. We could go on and on about how this will benefit your festival experience, but we’ve summed it all up for you. Here are the top 5 reasons to love cashless:
- Faster transaction times = shorter lines. There is nothing worse than waiting in line to buy a beer before your favorite artist takes the stage. Your heart is beating, the clock is ticking and you’re thinking, “Is this beer worth it? Should I skip it and head to the stage?” Now, you can get that beer. And, you can make it to your favorite show on time. With cashless, you just have to double-tap your wristband to pay. That cuts the time at vendor locations in half. Lines will move quicker, and you’ll spend less time waiting.
- No need to fumble in your pockets for money or go to the ATM. There are so many incredible acts at RNB this year, you’re not going to have time to waste. Forget going to the ATM. Forget digging through your purse for that change. Simply top-up your cashless account before you arrive on-site and with a quick double-tap of your wristband, you’ll be good to go.
- Less risk of losing your wallet and money. How many times have you sworn you put that $5 dollar bill in your pocket, and then when it comes times for you to use it, it’s gone. You think, “Hopefully the person who found it will put it to good use,” as you pull out your wallet. It’s tough. We’ve been there. Actually, a lot of RNB attendees have been there. The number one most “popular” item in our lost and found is credit cards. The good news is, with cashless, all you need for the weekend is your wristband. Except maybe sunscreen. And water.
- Better control of your budget. It happens to the best of us: sometimes you go a little crazy at the merch tent. When you use your wristband, you’ll be able to load a set amount of money onto it. That way, you won’t go overboard with spending. Don’t worry, you can always add more onto it at a Top-up station at the festival with cash or a debit/credit card. But you’ll just more conscious of your bad (good) decisions at the merch tent.
- You’ll get digital receipts. This is good news if you still don’t know if you’ll be able to contain your excitement at the merch tent. Simply register your wristband online (registration will be available closer to Roots N Blues) and you’ll get your receipts emailed to you. So you definitely don’t need to worry about losing those either. Your receipt will also have your balance on it.
Cashless is all about making the festival run smoother. It eliminates stress-inducing factors, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the festival. For more information about cashless, click here.